Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Think PINK....

That's right, WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!! :) Matt, Lukas and I are all VERY excited! It's funny because I really have felt that we were having a girl since I was like 10 weeks pregnant. I just didn't want to be wrong. I know that many times mothers are wrong about their feelings of what they are having. With Lukas I sort of thought it was a girl until 2 weeks before the ultrasound. But with this one it's almost like I knew. To top it off a girl name came to me like 2 months ago that I couldn't shake. Therefore, I feel it is appropriate to use this girl name for our baby girl. We will be naming her Lydia (unless for some reason the Lord tells us otherwise). It's amazing how the spirit inspires us. I talked with my mother-in-law today and told her of the name and she cried. Apparently, it is her great-great-great some odd grandmother's name who was married to Newell Knight. She was the first in her family to be baptized into the gospel and she raised 7 kids by herself. An amazing woman it sounds like. Our baby girl will have a great namesake! Just like Lukas (named after my grandfather and great grandfather that died a week before I was born). We can't wait to see her! ;)

7 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh how I love little girls...and sewing girly things! I just learned to sew baby leggings and a car seat blanket cover...oh the possibilities!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Hooray for little girls! How exciting and congrats! Now you get to buy/recieve all those adorable little girl clothes with the cute headbands! Your D-day is coming up quick! Hopefully this little girl will want to come on her own and not be forced to! Right?! Oh yeah, just because you have been prego before doesnt mean that you get out of posting some cute pics of yourself!

Elizabeth said...

WHOO HOOOOO!!! I love the name. Lydia Evans sounds like the funnest, smartest, wittiest girl I know. Have you seen Beetlejuice? Because that gal is named Lydia and she is a real free thinker and has a propensity toward solving mysteries - things I think you embody as well! This kid has got loads going for it.

Anonymous said...

Yipee! We're so excited for you!

Maricia said...

How FUN! Just to warn you PMS starts early, real early, say 2! Your moody - she's moody, it's a great deal of fun! Just stock up on some good ice cream and you'll get through it! Actually, Eliza and I love to eat ice cream together! We kick up our feet and go at it,it's our bonding time. :) I love, love the name Lydia! CUTE - WAY CUTE! Hope all is well! LOve Ya GUys!

Jessica W said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!!

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of little Lydia! A little boy and little girl, now all you need is a dog and you'll be the picture perfect family! :-) Hope all is well! You look great by the way!