Tuesday, June 7, 2011

little ones

I seriously love my little ones. Although I don't know if I show them enough. Life as a momma is hard to balance fun time, work time, learning time, errand time, praise, and discipline. Now that my kids are older they are starting to talk back and behave badly quite frequently. I've tried the last couple months to give them slack because of all the changes in their lives, esp their missing poppa! However I still need to pull in the reigns a little because it's getting to be way too much. Oh I hate discipling. Mostly because I don't know if im doing it right. We just watched the sound of music last night. Such a good movie! But oh how it made me want to be like Julie Andrews. She made mothering SO fun and look so easy. I wish I could be as care free and involved and fun with the kids. That alone would do wonders for their behavior I'm sure.





4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sure you are doing wonderfully. It has to be the hardest job in the world to do everything and be everyone for those little kids. I'm sure Heavenly Father is sending you tender mercies for the sacrifices you and your husband are making.

Shelly said...

Hang in there, girlie. You always do an awesome job with your kids. It is all part of being a mother, the hardest but most rewarding job ever.

Bri said...

Keep up the good work. Sometimes it just takes putting 1 foot in front of the other to get through the discouraging times. Or plan a fun trip or activity. I had a lot of days where I felt that way. Sometimes I had to take a moment at bedtime to apologize to Gwen, ask her to help us have a fresh start in the morning so we could both try to be more kind to oneaother. Sometimes it worked and sometimes we just had another hard day.

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Your kids are so adorable and you are supermom to be raising them without their daddy's help! If you are in need of some parenting direction, I have found that a whole lot of prayer and some reading from the book "Parenting with Love & Logic" has worked wonders with Ethan. Good luck!