Thursday, August 27, 2009

Losing Luke

I went to JoAnn's on Tuesday just to grab one thing. So I didn't put the kids in a cart (besides this JoAnn's carts are really tiny so the kids don't fit in one anyways and I didn't want to deal with it). I turned around for one second and turned back to Luke...only, there wasn't any Luke. I thought he ran down a nearby aisle because seriously I looked away for ONE second. I hollored "Luuuke". No answer. I glanced down the aisle. No Luke. I then had a feeling to look outside. Now, we were pretty far into the store and so I thought "there is no way he is completely outside". So I just glanced at the doors to the store. No Luke. I then started getting frantic and ran down more aisles to try to find him. I had ANOTHER feeling to look outside. Good thing I looked at the doors. Luke was standing outside the store door pounding on it yelling "MAAAMMAAA". Oh my gosh! Can I just tell you what a HORRIBLE feeling it is to realize that my 2 year old ran out of the store and was outside for like a couple minutes!!! My stomach dropped. Worst feeling EVER. He could have gotten hit by a car. How did he know what doors to come back too to find me? Can I just say, TENDER MERCIES from the Lord! And, how dense can I be to not heed the Spirit when it said to "LOOK OUTSIDE!" AHHHH! Thank you so much Heavenly Father for looking out for my son! Next time I promise I will try to listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit right away. Thank you for Thy tender mercies.

7 comments:

Sabrina said...

So scary! I totally know the feeling. Yesterday morning, I was sitting in our room, rocking Chase. I thought I heard Adie come out of her room. She always comes into our room when she wakes up, because she is the first one to wake up, usually (she's our alarm clock). After about ten minutes she never came, so I thought I was hearing things since we have lots of construction going on around us. I had the feeling to go check on her. She wasn't in her room. I looked all upstairs. Not there. I heard the phone off the hook downstairs and went down there. She was nowhere to be seen downstairs either. Then I glanced at our front door and saw that it had been unlocked. My heart sank. I was holding Chase and wasn't quite "decent", so I ran upstairs to tell Brett. Then, I went down and looked out the peephole. There was Adie, standing on the front porch, all by herself. I couldn't believe she had decided to let herself out. She's never done that before. I was so relieved, but my adrenaline was pumping so hard. I was just grateful I had been up with Chase and could find her outside. I don't even want to think about the possibilities if we had kept sleeping and she remained out there.

Lana said...

wow! how scary. I am glad you found him safe and sound.

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh. I'm crying.

The two old crows said...

Kids can sure get somewhere fast when you don't want them to.

Debby said...

It is amazing how quickly those little ones can move. It is reassuring to know that Heavenly Father will help us and prompt us even if we don't heed the first prompting. I'm glad the story has a happy ending :-)

Bri said...

That has SO happened to me, so I know how you feel.

Lively's said...

Nicole, I need to know how to buy those shoes without doing it through Paypal cause I don't have an account and I don't know how to get one. Is there any other way?
Ashley