Sunday, September 28, 2008

Catching up with our Newport, RI trip

I know its been a month but I thought I better add a post with a few pics of us in Newport while Matt was at OCS (Mostly for scrapbooking purposes. I will eventually post pics of the actual graduation soon). So, one Sunday we took a fabulous drive along the coast and looked at all the million dollar mansions. We stopped at a park at the end of the road and boy was it a sight to see! We were amazed at all the kites that were flying everywhere. I've never seen such BIG kites! Lukas LOVED it of course.
Yes, that is a massive Mr. & Mrs. Devil kite in the background. haha.

Gorgeous coast in the background.

All those specs that you see in the sky are kites. So fun!

While in Newport we also went to a Huey Lewis and the News concert that was on the base and was free! It was so fun and right on the bay where they shot off the best fireworks show I have ever seen in my entire life. It was so good that the the ending fireworks were hidden in a cloud of smoke from all the previous fireworks. It then started raining firework debris all over us. It was like they were right on top of us. Very cool.


Matt's parents and little sister were able to make it for Matt's OCS graduation and we had a lot of fun with them while they were here. We toured the Elms mansion and got a taste of how early 20th century well-to-do families lived. The women changed their outfits around 5 times a day! Whew! It was definitely a beautiful home though. Mom and dad Evans also took us for a wonderful mini cruise of the Newport bay. It was gorgeous! of course I didn't have my camera though and don't have any pics of the cruise but THANKS mom and dad for the fun times!

Matt being silly by a gorgeous fountain outside the mansion. It looked like something out of Narnia...

My mother and sis-in-law looking cute ;)

Gardens

The 10 acres of beautifully kept grounds.

No comments: